I was honored and thrilled when Jim Rembach invited me to join him for a chat on his FastLeader Show. I've known Jim for a few years; he's a great guy, and he knows his stuff. And he knows how to host a fun podcast. It was an energetic conversation from the moment we started!
Jim's interviewing format is unique. He starts with the interviewee's bio: his approach is to not just list what you've done; it's more about who you are and what makes you, well, you. From there, he delves into leadership beliefs and then into the all-important story or challenge that made you who you are as a leader. He follows that up with your epiphany and what you did to overcome your leadership challenge.
In closing, he does a hump day hoe down. It's as fabulous as it sounds... six questions, in rapid succession, with a spin toward advice for other leaders or aspiring leaders. Questions include:
- What's holding you back as a leader?
- What's the best leadership advice you've ever received?
- What's one secret to your success?
- and more!
A couple of noteworthy things, according to Jim, that I said during this interview, include:
- Speak your mind; your opinion matters.
- When you come to a fork in the road, take it.
- Do your homework, and be prepared.
- Actions speak louder than words.
- Leadership is about a lot of different things.
- You can only blame yourself for where you are today versus where you want to be.
- Always make time for things that are important to you.
The supreme quality of leadership is integrity. -Dwight Eisenhower