There's a big problem brewing out there when it comes to journey mapping:
Too many folks view journey maps as useless, when instead, the maps should be seen as one of the (if not the) most powerful tools and processes in the customer experience professional's arsenal.Done right, you can drive real CX change with your journey maps!
So, it was with great pleasure that I accepted James Dodkins' invitation to be a guest on his ROCKSTAR CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE program via Facebook Live to talk about how to drive real CX change with journey maps. I think a lot of people talk about how to create the maps (even if they are erroneous in their ways), but not many talk about what to do next.
In the forty-minute interview, we covered a lot of territory, including:
- What journey maps are and why they are so powerful
- How journey maps differ from process maps and service blueprints - and why all are important to improving the customer experience
- Why it's important to consider customer emotions - and why it's important to distinguish between what they do and what they feel
- Which mistakes companies make while mapping
- What to do after the mapping workshop to drive real CX change
- What the difference is between personas and segments, and why we use personas over target segments in journey mapping
- Why maps aren't just fluff and how to convince those who think so that they aren't
- How to prep for and run a journey mapping workshop
- What skills are needed to map journeys
- How to get customer data and information for your journey maps
- What the best strategy is for a successful journey mapping program
- And much more!
- the beginning, not the end
- a catalyst for change
- not just a tool but a process
I invite you to watch the interview - and to share your thoughts on it below. Thank you!
Customer experience is a journey. Only you hold the map.